Category Archives: Health Tips
I’ve been experimenting with Apple Cider Vinegar for about a year now and have come up with a pretty bad a$$ combination for an intense afternoon energy shot. I used to drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day; however, this shot has replaced my need for a second cup of coffee.
Mix the following into a shot glass:
- Dash of pink Himalayan Sea
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Dash of Ginger Root Powder
- Dash of Turmeric Powder
- Then fill up shot glass with Apple Cider Vinegar
Yes, it is kind of nasty and takes some getting used to. I recommend doing this right after you get done eating lunch, as I’ve found it kind of gives me an upset stomach on an empty stomach. Believe it or not, you do get used to it, and eventually you’ll be able to down this shot no problem. Bon appetite 😉
Why so serious!!!??? I’ve always been obsessed with self-improvement and self-development, but I eventually found myself at a point in life where I took everything way too seriously. If something or someone wasn’t making me better then I didn’t want to have anything to do with it. I was like this for along time…and eventually one day found myself questioning why I couldn’t laugh like I used to as a kid. When I was younger my friends and I were always laughing, joking, and many times I remember laughing so hard I would almost pee myself!
I started to notice that I just couldn’t laugh at funny situations anymore. Even when I would watch a funny movie I would just give sheepish snickers at the funniest scenes. I would get envious of my friends who could laugh and tell jokes. I started looking up about books and exercises to learn how to get my sense of humor back. I stumbled across Laughter Yoga. At first when I watched some videos about it I thought this was freaking weird as hell. These people looked like idiots standing around laughing for no reason. No way would I stoop to that level.
One day I decided to give it a practice in my bathroom by myself. You start out by just doing the act of laughing. Even if it’s fake as ever. Just do the laugh exercise. Then try even harder to laugh. After doing this eventually I found myself cracking up just at how ridiculous I felt. I only did this for about a minute before I had to stop because it just kinda felt unnatural.
I decided that I would start doing this a couple times a week for a minute here and there. The thing I found is that I always felt really good after I did this exercise. So then I started doing it more and just laughing my ass off for no reason. I’d be in the car listening to a song and just decide to start laughing. I would do it while walking, while cleaning, while thinking!
After a month I noticed that while watching movies and youtube videos I found that I would get an itch to laugh at scenes that were only slightly funny…I would just let myself go with the flow and laugh.
When I look back on this little experiment I realize that it’s taught me how to have more fun in my life. Laugh at things that I used to take so seriously and now other people enjoy being around me more because they know I’m not quite so serious. Life’s too short afterall…no one gets out alive! So might as well laugh and smile as much as possible while here 🙂
Picture of me on the left – weight 205 lbs
Picture of me on the right – weight 155 lbs
It’s been several years since I went from fat to six pack abs. It’s easy to lose weight…where it gets tricky is keeping it off. Most of the weight loss techniques personal trainers and magazines share are just mainstream. They give advice that people can actually conceive as believable, but not necessarily great advice for keeping weight off consistently. These are some of the best tips I have to offer on how to lose fat extremely fast, still enjoy life, and keep the fat off permanently.
3 Evil Tricks To Burn Fat
1. Skip Breakfast – What!!! Breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day?? According to what’s popular at least. Better yet, just do not eat any carbohydrates your first half of the day. But what about oatmeal?? Nope. When you sleep your body goes into fasting mode, that’s why they call breakfast “breakfast” for breaking the fast. Your body is most sensitive to insulin after fasting, and yes, carbohydrates are a great form of energy; however, eating fat and protein alone for breakfast will provide your body and brain with even more energy. Especially if you are consuming the majority of the calories from healthy saturated fats like that of coconut oil. Saturated fats from healthy sources convert most readily into ketones, which is like “viagra for your brain” and also puts your body into fat burning mode. If you are used to eating a high carbohydrate breakfast it will take you several weeks to get fully used to starting your day like this, but eventually your brain/body will go “hey wow I really like this!” and you’ll find that you can go much much longer without eating food. I start my day with about 30-40 grams of fat and can go until about 2pm without snacking or eating food. Saturated fat blocks your hunger cravings as well.
2. Eat Junk Food – That’s right, pick one day a week to consume your favorite tastiest foods. Do not think about about calories & carbs on this day. Just enjoy the flavor of life. DO NOT SKIP your cheat day. The reason why is due to psychology. Tim Ferris writes about this in his book The 4 Hour Body. If you tell yourself you’re never going to eat pizza again or that you’re not going to eat pizza for 3 months then your mind will break down on you eventually. This one day of excess cheating a week will actually motivate you to get back on the healthy eating cycle again. I typically have my cheat day on Saturday. Sometimes I will eat an entire pizza by myself, popcorn, beer, and eat an entire package of cookie dough. The next morning I wake up thinking “ugh wow I probably gained like 10 pounds” and it motivates me to jump right back into eating healthy so that I don’t become a fatty again. It’s genius psychology as it also gives you something to look forward to each week.
3. Intermittent Fasting – One day a week (I do this after my cheat day) fast. Do not eat anything at all before 2pm. Just drink water with lemon, coffee, or tea. After 2pm, the only thing you can consume are healthy fats (no trans fats or hydrogenated oils) and you can also consume moderate carbohydrates from vegetables and rice. DO NOT consume protein. Fasting in this manner puts your body into a pure state of ketosis (fat burning mode), actually boosts your metabolism up to 20%, and inhibits your mTOR (Mammalian Target of Rapamycin) which is responsible for muscle growth. The interesting thing is that your mTOR spikes as soon as you start eating again so your body dramatically starts synthesizing proteins and building muscle. The first couple times you try to fast you will find it challenging to go without eating as normal, but you do get used to it, and now I look forward to it as it’s one of my most productive & energetic days of the week.The truth of the matter is that it’s so easy to lose fat that it’s not even funny. These tips may sound crazy, but just remember that “everything that is popular is wrong.”
Hello and Good Morning friends from Upside Down! After learning about the many benefits of practicing inversion techniques I now make it a part of my morning routine to spend at least about a minute or so upside down.
Here’s just a couple reasons you should do handstands:
1. They’ll make your upper body super strong.
2. They’ll increase your balance
3. They boost your mood by reducing the production of the stress hormone, cortisol
4. They build core strength. Since staying upside down forces you to stabilize your muscles, you’re constantly working your abs, as well as other key muscle groups such as your hip flexors, hamstrings, inner thigh muscles, obliques and lower back while in a handstand. Training handstands every day will get you a well balanced, super strong core.
5. They help with bone health, circulation and breathing. Since handstands are technically a weight-bearing exercise, they can help strengthen your bones, making you less prone to osteoporosis. Handstands are also beneficial for your spine, and help aid bone health in your shoulders, arms and wrists.
6. Helps to flush out adrenal glands.
7. Improves digestion because when you allow the effects of gravity to be reversed on your digestive organs, you will help to move stuck material, release trapped gases, as well as improve blood flow to the all important digestive organs increasing nutrient absorption and delivery to your cells.
8. Stimulates the lymphatic system
9. Increases focus because when you turn upside down, you are increasing the blood flow to your brain. This can help to improve mental function, and increase you sense of focus.Along with helping to reduce fear and worry, this posture will improve your ability to keep your mind sharp and clear.