9 Reasons Why You Should Get Upside Down!
Hello and Good Morning friends from Upside Down! After learning about the many benefits of practicing inversion techniques I now make it a part of my morning routine to spend at least about a minute or so upside down.
Here’s just a couple reasons you should do handstands:
1. They’ll make your upper body super strong.
2. They’ll increase your balance
3. They boost your mood by reducing the production of the stress hormone, cortisol
4. They build core strength. Since staying upside down forces you to stabilize your muscles, you’re constantly working your abs, as well as other key muscle groups such as your hip flexors, hamstrings, inner thigh muscles, obliques and lower back while in a handstand. Training handstands every day will get you a well balanced, super strong core.
5. They help with bone health, circulation and breathing. Since handstands are technically a weight-bearing exercise, they can help strengthen your bones, making you less prone to osteoporosis. Handstands are also beneficial for your spine, and help aid bone health in your shoulders, arms and wrists.
6. Helps to flush out adrenal glands.
7. Improves digestion because when you allow the effects of gravity to be reversed on your digestive organs, you will help to move stuck material, release trapped gases, as well as improve blood flow to the all important digestive organs increasing nutrient absorption and delivery to your cells.
8. Stimulates the lymphatic system
9. Increases focus because when you turn upside down, you are increasing the blood flow to your brain. This can help to improve mental function, and increase you sense of focus.Along with helping to reduce fear and worry, this posture will improve your ability to keep your mind sharp and clear.
Posted on August 1, 2014, in Health Tips and tagged handstand headstand invert inversion upside down health yoga. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.